VoIP Gateways for Software PBX
provides PSTN, ISDN, cellular connectivity and analog phones connection for software-based business telephone system like 3CX Phone System for Windows, Askozia PBX, Asterisk Server, and Elastix Server. By installing , businesses could preserve their existing PSTN lines and analog phones and enjoy the following benefits.
SIP Paging Application Solution
Paging system is widely deployed in businesses whether it is a small office requiring overhead paging for general announcements or larger locations requiring mass paging and event notification or secure access to entrance locations with different paging options. S-Series VoIP PBX supports for integration with paging devices, providing a cost-effective and easy to way build SIP paging solution based on IP technology. In this solution, S-Series VoIP PBX acts as a SIP server for paging devices to register while the paging system takes charge of the paging management.
S-Series VoIP PBX provides SIP accounts for the devices including SIP Paging Server, SIP Paging Adapter, SIP Intercom, SIP Paging Amplifier and SIP Speaker to register as the S-Series’s extensions. So that other IP phones and soft phone of S-Series can easily reach paging devices, achieving individual paging and intercoms.
S-Series VoIP PBX could work perfectly with the paging devices and help you to achieve the following objectives:
- Communication with indoor/outdoor intercom by dialing extension number.
- Individual paging by dialing extension number to end point.
- Page different paging groups by zone number in SIP Paging Server.
- Nightringer extension with ring group in PBX.
Enterprise Mobility Solution
As businesses require mobility-based feature for further productivity, S-Series VoIP PBX starts SMB on that journey, offering mobility features that help businesses to get into the world of unified communications. With the free Linkus Mobile Client, S-Series VoIP PBX users can have their office extensions on the smartphones. Remote workers especially road warriors can make and receive calls at any time.
Linkus Mobile Client Benefits
In-office experience from anywhere
Never miss a call when working away from the office, and reduce mobile voice charges with VoIP phone calls made through the company PBX.
One number reach
Everyone will have a single identity with one phone number, voice mailbox, and extension without giving their personal phone number away.
Employees can work remotely and check the voicemail, call history, corporate directory on Linkus like they would have at the office . Also see whether a colleague is available for a call in the extension list.
Other Key Mobility Features
- Seamlessly route calls between the office desk phones to users’ smartphones whenever and wherever you are.
- Call control through the mobile client to determine if and when calls are transferred to users’ smartphones. Users have the ability to turn off business calls when unavailable.
- Enjoy the most frequently used S-Series PBX features, like SMS, call transfer, three-way conferencing, etc.
Mobility Solution Highlights
- Road warriors can simply enjoy mobility features on the road and make calls through the company PBX without incurring long-distance tolls as deploying their smartphones as a regular extension on S-Series VoIP PBX.
- Allow mobile users to access the same tools as those in the office, like Call Forwarding, Conferencing and other features that makes communication efficient, regardless of geographical locations.
- Handle your business calls forwarded from the office system anytime and anywhere. No more missed important calls and keep you connected.
Economical and Efficient Branch Office Solution
Work is no longer about one place, but an activity could be done from almost anywhere. And more and more businesses are embracing the idea that remote office connectivity greatly saves them costs by eliminating site to site calling charges, and dramatically improves efficiency as workers at multiple locations can reach each other easily.
To connect remote employees, you have the following options.
1. Network S-Series VoIP PBXs at Different Locations
If you have multiple office locations, the PBX give you the convenience connecting these offices economically and effectively. The built-in powerful Multisite Interconnect feature allows simple interconnecting configurations of S-Series PBXs deployed in different offices. No need to create trunks or call routes, direct registration from branches to headquarter can be completed in a few clicks, massively saving time and efforts.
In addition, S-Series PBX also boasts VPN support, with which you can set up the headquarter PBX as the VPN server, and rest assured with the secure communication. It’s simple to network multiple S-Series via VoIP trunk (SIP trunk/IAX trunk) or P2P mode.
Once you link multiple systems, you will be able to make free inter-office calls, share trunks among these offices to extend your available resources across your multiple locations, and maintain control of employees and costs.
2. Register Remote Extensions
Use IP phone to register remotely and enable your staff to work from home, remote office or a hotel room. Or use softphone to register remotely and turn your computer into a telephone. And VPN Server support on S-Series creates a secure tunnel between the remote extensions and the headquarter PBX via the Internet.
Remote office solution helps people work together to solve problems, make decisions, and present ideas faster regardless of long distance. Remote office solution also boosts flexibility and productivity by delivering secure and comprehensive data and services to all the workers in multiple branches.
3. Use TA Series Analog VoIP Gateway to Connect Multiple Sites
For companies that have geographically distributed office, if they do not want to install a PBX at the remote office, can connect the headquarter’s telephone system and the branch office’s phones. The remote office’s phone line can also be utilized by the head office to make local calls and save long distance charges by connecting the existing telephone system with the branch office’s . An efficient and economical inter-office communication is secured with QoS, VPN, and Firewall built in .
4. Deploy TG Series VoIP GSM Gateway to Connect Branch Office
A company has made new investments in new offices, which inevitably brings the need of building a new telephone system at the branch office. It could results to costly communications between the main office and branch offices without an efficient solution. One way to overcome this is to deploy a TG VoIP GSM Gateway and IP phones at the branch office, providing free inter-office calls and local trunk connectivity.
- Fully collaborate between offices with free inter-office calls.
- Utilize another locations’ trunks to make local calls
- Use corporate trunks for both inbound and outbound trunks, providing the branch office with an appearance of corporate unity.